2 450g packets of Barba Stathis Spinach leaves "Organic Crops"
2 tbsp of Barba Stathis -diced onion
1 tbsp of Barba Stathis finely-diced garlic
3/4 cup of Carolina rice
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 spring onions, cut in rings
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of saffron (optional)
1 tbsp of spearmint, finely chopped
For the creamy feta
1 cup of strained yoghurt
1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
Salt, freshly-ground pepper
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté until its grains are covered by the oil. Add the spinach, spring onions, saffron and 1 teacup of hot water. Simmer the spinach and rice approximately for 15-18 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the food is mushy. Meanwhile, add more hot water if required.
- When it's done, add lemon juice, spearmint and chervil and stir.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- Creamy feta: Beat the yoghurt with the feta, salt, pepper and chilli flakes in the blender or multi-blender. The result should be a smooth cream.
- Serve the spinach and rice, garnishing each serving with 2 spoons of the creamy feta.