- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the okra and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Gently stir with a wooden ladle or lightly shake the pan as okra is delicate. Extinguish with vinegar and when almost evaporated add the sugar.
- As soon as the okra has turned slightly pink, remove it from the heat and put it in an oven tray.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Add to the tray the tomatoes, spring onions, spearmint, salt, pepper and 1/2 a cup of hot water. Stir carefully. Cover the tray with aluminium foil and bake the food for 40 minutes.
- Uncover the tray and cook for another 10 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Allow the okra to cool a little. Pour over the rest of the olive oil and serve.