550g of Barba Stathis whole spinach leaves
600g Barba Stathis chickpeas
300g of leeks
6 tbsp of olive oil
4 finely-chopped spring onions
1 cup of dry white wine
1 cup of finely-chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Juice from 2 lemons
2 tbsp of spearmint, finely chopped
300ml of vegetable stock or water
Salt, freshly-ground pepper
- Boil the chickpeas directly from the freezer for 15 minutes and then strain.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan and sauté the leek and spring onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir for 1-2 minutes to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the chickpeas and mix them in with the tomatoes, lemon juice, spearmint, stock, salt and pepper. Allow it to simmer at a low heat for 20 minutes until it becomes mushy.
- Serve and sprinkle with pepper.
Our healthy, nutrient-rich Barba Stathis chickpeas come straight from the fertile Greek soil.
They are high in fiber ...
Whole spinach leaves
Our very own Barba Stathis spinach leaves are of the highest sort, always fresh and tender.
They are high in protein...