A. Copyright and Industrial Property Rights
“Barba Stathis” is a trademark of ‘BARBA STATHIS S.A.’. Copyright over the material found on this website belongs to BARBA STATHIS S.A. All rights reserved. All materials intended solely for personal, non-commercial use.
The terms set forth below, as well as any other law or regulation applying to the Website, the Internet or the World Wide Web, apply to all Website users.
This website was created for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. You may use the material found on the Website solely for personal, non-commercial use, under the condition that you also comply with all the terms on copyright and industrial property rights concerning the material found on the Website. However, you are not allowed to distribute, alter, transmit, re-use, post or use the content of the Website for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of BARBA STATHIS S.A.
Your access to and use of the Website are subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Website, you accept the General Terms without limitations or reservations and acknowledge that any other agreements between yourself and BARBA STATHIS cease to apply in relation to issues regulated hereunder.
- Unless otherwise stated, you must consider everything you view or read on the Website to be the protected copyright of BARBA STATHIS S.A., and you are not permitted to engage in use different than that set forth in these Terms and Conditions or the text of the Website without the written permission of BARBA STATHIS S.A.. BARBA STATHIS S.A. cannot guarantee that use of the materials found on the Website will not infringe rights of third parties who do not belong to or are not affiliated with BARBA STATHIS S.A..
- While making every effort to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website, BARBA STATHIS S.A. cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. BARBA STATHIS S.A. bears no liability or obligation for any errors or omissions in the Website content.
- You use and browse this Website at your own liability. Neither BARBA STATHIS S.A., its executives or managers, employees, associates or any representatives nor any other party involved in the creation, production or delivery of the Website is liable for any direct, subsequent, ancillary, indirect or consequential losses due to your access to or use of the Website. Without limiting the above, everything contained in the Website is provided to you AS IS, WITHOUT ANY FORM OF EXPLICIT OR TACIT GUARANTEE, INCLUDING ANY TACIT GUARANTEE CONCERNING COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION, SUITABILITY FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE OR INVIOLABILITY. Furthermore, BARBA STATHIS S.A. bears no responsibility whatsoever and shall not be held liable for any computer malfunction or virus that might affect your computer or any other asset you use to access and browse the Website or download any material, data, text, images, video or audio from the Website.
- Any communication or material transmitted to the Website via e-mail or any other manner shall be treated as non-confidential and shall not be considered your property. Anything you transmit or post shall become the property of BARBA STATHIS S.A. or its associates, and may be used for any purpose, subject to the law. Additionally, BARBA STATHIS S.A. may use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques found in any communication you send to the Website for any purpose. By using this Website, you may submit and/or BARBA STATHIS S.A. may collect limited information for any purposes it deems suitable.
- Images of individuals or locations found on the Website are either owned by BARBA STATHIS S.A. or are used with its permission. Use of such images by you or anyone you authorise is prohibited unless specifically permitted under these General Terms or specific permission is granted elsewhere on the Website.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (generally referred to as the “Trademarks”) appearing on the Website are registered or non-registered Trademarks of BARBA STATHIS S.A. and others. No part of this Website shall be construed as explicit or tacit permission or right of use, in any form, of any Trademark appearing on the Website without the written permission of BARBA STATHIS S.A. or any third parties owning the Trademarks appearing on the Website. You are strictly prohibited from using the Trademarks appearing on the Website or any other content thereof, except in cases provided for under these General Terms.
- BARBA STATHIS S.A. has not inspected certain or all of the websites linked to the Website, and bears no liability for the content of any external pages or any websites linked to the Website. You connect to the Website, websites other than this Website or other Websites at your own liability and without permission from BARBA STATHIS S.A.
- While BARBA STATHIS S.A. may monitor or revise discussions, conversations, messages, transmissions, notices and other content on the Website from time to time, BARBA STATHIS S.A. is under no obligation to do so and shall bear no liability or obligation arising from the content of those sites or for any error, alleged offence or defamation, verbal abuse, insult, omission, falsity, obscenity, pornography, blasphemy, risk or inaccuracy contained in any information on these parts of the Website. You are prohibited from sending or transmitting any illegal, threatening, slanderous, defamatory, abusive, inflammatory, pornographic or blasphemous material that could constitute or encourage conduct that could be considered to be a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates the law in any manner.
- BARBA STATHIS S.A. may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this message. You are bound by any such revisions.
BARBA STATHIS S.A. Personal Data Protection Policy
BARBA STATHIS INDUSTRIAL & TRADING Co S.A. (hereinafter the Company) is committed to respecting and safeguarding personal data. We understand and pay serious attention to the fact that you are aware about and interested in your personal data.
This Personal Data Protection Policy outlines the personal data the Company collects on your behalf, how we use and protect your personal data and the choices you have about how we use that data. Its purpose is to brief you about the Company’s policy relating to your personal data provided to us, to tell you about the purposes for which it is processed by us, the categories of recipients, and the procedures you can follow to exercise your lawful rights.
1. What personal data do we collect from you?
- When you register to receive the newsletter or other promotional materials: You provide us with your email address, name and surname, thereby allowing us to personal direct, non-transactional communication with you.
- When you take part in competitions/contests, fill out questionnaires and surveys: When you fill out forms on questionnaires, surveys or participate in competitions/contests, you provide us with personal data such as: your name, address, email address and phone number.
- When you contact staff from our Customer Service Department: When you contact us by email, phone or mail, for example, when you come into contact with our Customer Service Department, we will ask you to provide your personal data: name, address, email address, etc. In addition, any calls to our switchboard may be recorded. You are not obliged in any way to provide the above personal data. However, not providing data marked mandatory will prevent you visiting and navigating the website. Not providing other non-mandatory personal data will not affect how we provide services to you in any way.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you express interest in our services, when you use the contact form or when you subscribe to our newsletter.
3. Who else will receive your personal data?
Your personal data is not processed by third parties, except by those we collaborate with and who are necessary in providing or helping us provide our services to you, but always under conditions that fully ensure that your personal data is not processed illegally in any way, namely for a purpose other than one you sent it for in accordance with the above. As part of our operations, we use third parties to provide services on our behalf. Note that those categories of personal data recipients are data processors who process data on our behalf and therefore they do not process your data for purposes other than the ones the data was sent for. In all events, our Company will not make the personal data of visitors to/users of its website available for sale or otherwise transmit or disclose it to third parties, apart from the ones referred to above, without the consent of visitors/users, with the exception of relevant legal obligation when it may be provided to the competent authorities only.
In all events, access by unauthorised persons including our employees to your personal data is prohibited.
4. Why do we use (process) your personal data?
The Company collects, holds and processes only the minimum, personal data absolutely necessary to achieve the purpose of processing.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
4.1 For direct marketing and/or promotional measures, such as participation in competitions/contests or emails sent periodically to anyone who has subscribed to our newsletter. Every newsletter gives the recipient the ability to indicate that he/she no longer wishes to receive other newsletters from us by clicking unsubscribe or to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.2 In cases where processing of personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests or for the purpose of compliance with national and European legislation.
5. How long do we retain your personal data?
5.1 We will keep your personal data for the time considered absolutely necessary to achieve the exact purpose and to fully meet your requests.
5.2 For direct marketing / promotional measure purposes, we retain your personal data for 3 years during which time you retain all your rights under the applicable personal data protection laws which are set out in section 7 of this Policy. If you have not reconfirmed your consent at the end of that 3-year data retention period, the data are deleted.
5.3 Our Company may continue to store your personal data for a longer period if that is necessary to safeguard its legitimate interests in relation to potential liability associated with browsing the website.
6. Safeguards we take to protect your data
When you provide us with personal data we take measures to ensure that the data is held and managed safely. To protect your personal data we take adequate physical, technical and organisational measures. We update and check the security technology we use on a continuous basis. We limit access to your personal data to those employees who need to know about the data so they can provide you with the services you want. In addition, we train all employees about the importance of confidentiality and keeping your personal data secret and secure. Among other things, we have put in place the following technical and organisational measures and procedures to protect your personal data from any loss, corruption, illegal processing or alteration:
- Access to your personal data is limited only to a number of authorised individuals for specific purposes.
- Access to the IT systems we use to process data is limited only to authorised individuals.
- Access to those IT systems is monitored to identify and immediately prevent unauthorised access.
- IT systems and programs are used for the computers we have installed so as to minimise the use of personal data and/or data that could determine a user’s identity.
- Specific personal data retention and safe deletion/destruction procedures have been adopted.
- Periodic checks are carried out (every 2 years) and inactive accounts are deactivated.
7. Your rights
You can exercise the following rights under the conditions and specific provisions set out in Regulation (EU) No 2016/679:
7.1.1. Right of access to your personal data which we process and to information relating to the processing thereof.
7.1.2 Right to correct personal data, namely the right to correct any inaccurate data.
7.1.3 Right to object to the processing of your personal data when there is a legitimate interest, including your right to object to the automated processing of your data and the processing thereof for commercial marketing purposes.
7.1.4 The right to limit the processing of your personal data which means you can ask for processing to be suspended if you contest the accuracy of the data, you have objections to it being processed or there is another ground specified in the relevant Greek or European protection of personal data legislation.
7.1.5 The right to obtain your personal data which you provided to us with consent, so that it can be used elsewhere.
7.1.6 The right of deletion of your personal data without undue delay at your request under the conditions laid down in the relevant Greek and European protection of personal data legislation.
7.1.7 The right to withdraw consent. In cases where we process your personal data based on your consent, you also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent or change the degree of consent you have given, without that affecting the legality of the processing in the period prior to the withdrawal of consent.
7.1.8 Right to information about data breaches.
7.1.9 The right to submit a complaint to the competent Greek independent authority which is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority if your data is illegally processed (http://www.dpa.gr/).
8. Transmission of personal data outside the EU
The personal data we collect from you is not transmitted or processed outside the European Union.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on a website in an internet browser when you navigate and are then recovered so identify it the next time it is visited.
However cookies never contain personal information that could allow anyone to contact the website visitor, such as email address, etc.
9.1 Types of Cookies
The Company may use the following types of cookies to ensure a better experience for website users, and to personalise information and preferences on each browser.
Necessary or essential cookies are critical for the proper functioning of our website. They allow you to browse the website and use its functions, such as access to secure areas etc. These cookies do not identify users. Without these cookies, our website cannot function effectively.
These cookies collect information on how visitors use the website, e.g. which pages they visit more often and whether they receive error messages on websites. These cookies collect aggregated, anonymous information and do not identify users. These are used exclusively in order to improve the performance of our website.
These cookies enable the website to remember a user’s choices, such as the username, language or location, as well as any settings made, in order to provide improved and personalised functions. They can also be used to provide services that have been requested by the user, such as viewing videos or using social media. The information these cookies collect can be anonymised and cannot monitor their browsing activity on other websites. If you do not accept these cookies, the performance and functionality of the website may be affected and your access to website content restricted.
These cookies are used to provide content tailored to you and your interests. They may be used to send targeted advertisements/offers, to limit advertisements shown or to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also be used in order to enable us to remember the websites you have visited in order to determine which electronic marketing channels are more effective and enable us to reward external websites and associates that referred you to us.
Third party cookies
When you browse our website, third-party organisations and companies may generate their own cookies to check the functionality of their application and personalise them for you.
Due to the nature of cookies, the company has no control over or access to third party cookies, and no other organisation can access data stored therein. These third-party companies and organisations have their own Policies concerning Cookies and Privacy.
The Company website uses Google Analytics "Remarketing and Advertising Features", which enable our Company to collect information. This information helps our Company optimise its website based on its users’ preferences. The information collected is sent and stored on the servers of Google in the USA. For further information on the Protection Policy of Google, please visit the https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacv/ specific link belowhttps://support.google.com/analvtics/answer/6004245.
If you do not want your personal data collected by Google Analytics you can download and install the program Google Analytics OptOut on your browser from the link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
9.2 Control and acceptance of cookies
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Chrome http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Safari for iPad and iPhone http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
If cookies are not installed there may be major effects on website functionality and on the ability to receive information or services from our company.
10. Cookies control
You can control and/or delete cookies to suit your preferences. You can also delete all cookies already on your computer (or any device used to browse the internet) and can adjust most web browsers so they do not allow cookies to be installed.
However, in that case you may need to adjust certain preferences each time you visit a website. Some services may not work if you delete cookies.
11. Accept the installation of cookies
12. How can you contact us?
Mrs. Meropi Drakou has been appointed as the Data Protection Officer. You can contact the Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com
The company does not seek and does not want to collect any personal data about children aged under 16 and urges all parents to inform their children about safe, responsible use of their personal data when they are using the internet. Children aged under 16 must visit the website under the supervision of a parent or person with parental care of the child and information must not be sent to the website by anyone under 16 without the consent of their parent or person with parental care of the child. If the company is notified that online personal data of a person aged under 16 has been sent via the website without the consent of the parent or person with parental care, the company will take appropriate measures to delete that data from its databases and not use that data for any reason (except, where necessary, to protect the child or others in accordance with the provisions of law).
14. Version - Changes and updates
This policy was last updated on 1.11.2018.
We reserve the right to amend and update this policy in whole or in part at out unfettered discretion at any time. Any change hereto shall apply immediately once the amended policy is posted to the website. There will also be a notice on the homepage indicating the change. In any event, if you accept this Policy and continue to use the website after any amendments made in accordance with the above you are deemed to have accepted those changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy as amended in whole or in part you must stop using the website. We may send periodic emails to remind you of changes and updates to the Policy but you should check the website frequently to learn about our current, valid personal data protection policy.
All changes to this Policy will be posted here immediately.
Copyright 2019 BARBA STATHIS S.A.