Industrial and Intellectual Property Rights
“Barba Stathis” is a trademark of “BARBA STATHIS S.A.” BARBA STATHIS S.A. owns all intellectual property rights to materials on this Website. All rights reserved. All material is intended for non-commercial personal use.
The terms and conditions outlined below, as well as any law or regulation applicable to the Website, the Internet or the World Wide Web also applies to all users of this Website.
This Website has been created for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Only non-commercial personal use of the material on this Website is permitted, provided that users abide by all terms and conditions related to intellectual and industrial property rights associated with the material on the Website. Nonetheless, it is forbidden to distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, post or use the content of this Website for public or commercial purposes without written permission from BARBA STATHIS S.A.
Your access to the Website and use thereof is also subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws in force. By accessing and browsing the Website, you accept the General Terms, without restrictions or reservations, and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and BARBA STATHIS S.A. no longer apply to matters stipulated herein.
- It should be assumed that anything you see or read on the Website is protected by the intellectual rights of BARBA STATHIS S.A., unless otherwise indicated, and may not be used other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions or in the Website content without written permission from BARBA STATHIS S.A. BARBA STATHIS S.A. does not warrant that the use of materials displayed on the Website will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with BARBA STATHIS S.A.
- Despite every reasonable effort by BARBA STATHIS S.A. to include accurate and up-to-date information on its Website, BARBA STATHIS S.A. does not guarantee the accuracy of said information. BARBA STATHIS S.A. assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Website content.
- Your use of and browsing the Website is at your own risk. Neither BARBA STATHIS S.A., nor its officers, managers, employees, partners, any of its dealers or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything contained on the Website is provided to you AS-IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. BARBA STATHIS S.A. also does not assume any responsibility nor is it responsible for any damage to your computer or for viruses that may infect your computer or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Website, or your downloading of any material, data, texts, images, video, or audio from the Website.
- Any communication or materials you transmit to the Website by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or send becomes the property of BARBA STATHIS S.A. or its partners and may be used for any purpose, without prejudice to the law. Furthermore, BARBA STATHIS S.A. is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Website for any purpose. By using this Website, you may submit and/or BARBA STATHIS S.A. may collect certain information for any purpose it deems suitable.
- Images of persons or places displayed on the Website are either the property of BARBA STATHIS S.A. or “BARBA STATHIS S.A.”, or are used with permission. The use of such images by you, or by anyone else authorised by you, is forbidden, unless specifically permitted by these General Terms or unless specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Website.
- Trademarks, logos and service marks (“Trademarks” in general) displayed on the Website are registered or unregistered trademarks of BARBA STATHIS S.A. and others. Nothing contained in the Website should be construed as express or implied license or right to use any Trademark displayed in any form on the Website without the written authorisation of BARBA STATHIS S.A. or the third party who may own the Trademarks displayed on the Website. Your use of Trademarks displayed on the Website or any other content thereof, other than as specifically provided in these General Terms, is strictly forbidden.
- BARBA STATHIS S.A. has not reviewed some or all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the content of any external web pages or any websites linked to this Website. Your link through this Website to web pages outside this Website or other websites is undertaken with your responsibility and without permission from BARBA STATHIS S.A.
- Although BARBA STATHIS S.A. may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, messages, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Website, BARBA STATHIS S.A. is under no obligation to do so and does not assume any responsibility or liability arising from the content of such areas nor for any error, plain or defamatory slander, offence, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information in said areas of the Website. It is forbidden to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, offensive, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that might constitute or encourage conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law in any other manner.
BARBA STATHIS S.A. may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this message. Any revisions are binding on users.
The Company will collect any personally identifiable information related to you (e.g. name, address, telephone number or e-mail address (“personal data”) through the Barba Stathis web pages only if you voluntarily provide it. If you do not wish to have your personal data collected, please do not submit any.
Nevertheless, if you provide personal data, the information may be used in the following manner, unless otherwise specified:
- to store and process this information to better understand your needs and the way in which we could improve our products and services;
- we (or a vicarious agent or a third-party contractor assigned to carry out any promotional task) may use this information to contact you; and/or
- we may provide collective – but not individualised – information regarding Website visitors or users to third-party contractors.
At the current time, we do not provide nor do we intend to provide your personal data to third parties.
The Company does not intend to collect potentially personal data from persons under the age of eighteen. Where appropriate, the Company will explicitly inform minors not to submit their data to our Website and/or will take any reasonable action to secure parental consent for any such submission.
Additional Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may automatically collect (i.e., not via registration) technical information that is not personally identifiable when you connect to the Website. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Website.
BARBA STATHIS S.A. Personal Data Protection Policy
BARBA STATHIS INDUSTRIAL & TRADING Co S.A. (hereinafter the Company) is committed to respecting and safeguarding personal data. We understand and pay serious attention to the fact that you are aware about and interested in your personal data.
This Personal Data Protection Policy outlines the personal data the Company collects from you, how we use and protect your personal data and the choices you have about how we use that data. Its purposes is to brief your about the Company’s policy relating to your personal data provided to us, to tell you about the purposes for which it is processed by us, the categories of recipients, and the procedures you can follow to exercise your lawful rights.
What personal data do we collect from you?
Type of processing. When you visit our website the Company may collect personal data:
- When you register to receive the newsletter or other promotional materials: You provide us with your email address, name and surname, thereby allowing us to personal direct, non-transactional communication with you.
- When you take part in competitions/contests, fill out questionnaires and surveys: When you fill out forms on questionnaires, surveys or participate in competitions/contests, you provide us with personal data such as: your name, address, email address and phone number.
- When you contact staff from our Customer Service Department: When you contact us by email, phone or mail, for example, when you come into contact with our Customer Service Department, we will ask you to provide personal data: name, address, email address, etc. In addition, any calls to our switchboard may be recorded. You are not obliged in any way to provide that personal data. However, not providing data marked mandatory will prevent you visiting and navigating the website. Not providing other non-mandatory personal data will not affect how we provide services to you in any way.
- Type of processing. When you visit our website the Company may collect personal data:
- How do we collect your personal data?
- Who else will receive your personal data?
In all events, access by unauthorised persons including our employees to your personal data is prohibited.
- Why do we use (process) your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For direct marketing and/or promotional measures, such as participation in competitions/contests or emails sent periodically to anyone who has subscribed to our newsletter. Every newsletter gives the recipient the ability to indicate that he/she no longer wishes to receive other newsletters from us by clicking unsubscribe or to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In cases where processing of personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests or for the purpose of compliance with national and European legislation.
How long do we retain your personal data?
- We will keep your personal data for the time considered absolutely necessary to achieve the exact purpose and to fully meet your requests relating to each order.
- For direct marketing / promotional measure purposes, we retain your personal data for 3 years during which time you retain all your rights under the applicable personal data protection laws which are set out in section 7 of this Policy. If you have not reconfirmed your consent at the end of that 3-year data retention period, the data are deleted.
- Our company may continue to store your personal data for a longer period if that is necessary to safeguard is legitimate interests in relation to potential liability associated with the provision of the service.
- Safeguards we take to protect your data
- Access to your personal data is limited only to a number of authorised individuals for specific purposes.
- Access to the IT systems we use to process data is limited only to authorised individuals.
- Access to those IT systems is monitored to identify and immediately prevent unauthorised access.
- IT systems and programs are used for the computers we have installed so as to minimise the use of personal data and/or data that could identify a user’s identity.
- Specific personal data retention and safe deletion/destruction procedures have been adopted.
- Periodic checks are carried out (every 2 years) and inactive accounts are deactivated.
- Your rights
7.1.2 Right to correct personal data, namely the right to correct any inaccurate data.
7.1.3 Right to object to the processing of your personal data when there is a legitimate interest, including your right to object to the automated processing of your data and the processing thereof for commercial marketing purposes.
7.1.4 The right to limit the processing of your personal data which means you can ask for processing to be suspended if you contest the accuracy of the data, you have objections to it being processed or there is another ground specified in the relevant Greek or European protection of personal data legislation.
7.1.5 The right to obtain your personal data which you provided to us with consent, so that it can be used elsewhere.
7.1.6 The right of deletion of your personal data without undue delay at your request under the conditions laid down in the relevant Greek and European protection of personal data legislation.
7.1.7 The right to withdraw consent. In cases where we process your personal data based on your consent, you also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent or change the degree of consent you have given, without that affecting the legality of the processing in the period prior to the withdrawal of consent.
7.1.8 Right to information about data breaches.
7.1.9 The right to submit a complaint to the competent Greek independent authority which is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority if your data is illegally processed (http://www.dpa.gr/).
- Transmission of personal data outside the EU
Cookies are small text files which are stored on a website in an internet browser when you navigate and are then recovered so identify it the next time it is visited. However cookies never contain personal information that could allow anyone to contact the website visitor, such as email address, etc.
9.1 Types of Cookies The Company may use the following types of cookies to ensure a better experience for website users, and to personalise information and preferences on each browser.
A) Essential cookies
These are cookies vital for a website’s function. Without those cookies the website cannot operate properly. No special consent is requested for this category of cookies. Consent is required for all other cookies.
B) Functionality cookies
These are cookies that improve website functionality. Thanks to use of the specific cookies the browser adapts to your interests and so we can save the time you would spend keying it in.
C) Third party cookies
The website uses third party cookies.
9.2 GOOGLE ANALYTICS
If you do not want your personal data collected by Google Analytics you can download and install the program Google Analytics OptOut on your browser from the link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Cookies control
However, in that case you may need to adjust certain preferences each time you visit a website. Some services may not work if you delete cookies.
- Accept the installation of cookies
Cookies used on this website
- How can you contact us?
Mrs. Meropi Drakou has been appointed as the Data Protection Officer. You can contact the Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com
- Version - Changes and updates
We reserve the right to amend and update this policy in whole or in part at out unfettered discretion at any time. Any change hereto shall apply immediately once the amended policy is posted to the website. There will also be a notice on the homepage indicating the change. In any event, if you accept this Policy and continue to use the website after any amendments made in accordance with the above you are deemed to have accepted those changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy as amended in whole or in part you must stop using the website. We may send periodic emails to remind you of changes and updates to the Policy but you should check the website frequently to learn about our current, valid personal data protection policy.
All changes to this Policy will be posted here immediately.